A Flexible, Robust Platform for Data Integration, Analysis and Information Delivery
aWhere transforms complex data into actionable insight through location intelligence. The Platform developed by aWhere provides information rich, interactive visualizations and reports generated from the integration of multiple data sources. aWhere web-based applications allow non-quantitative staff to conduct complex statistical analysis with minimal training. This innovative location based approach to business intelligence enables your organization to uncover the actionable insights that are buried in your data warehouses, spreadsheets, and third party sources.
The aWhere Platform delivers a unique combination of flexibility - rapid development and deployment - and a robust architecture - for providing enterprise level, performance-based spatial and temporal business intelligence solutions. This is achieved by utilizing spatial and temporal data types within a consistent schema implemented in a robust enterprise database system then stacking business logic, web services and end user applications in a framework that leverages reusability without compromising specific client requirements.
- Integrate and analyze widely dissimilar data types from internal and external sources supplementing understanding through causality
- Derive decision-making insight rather than simply generating more “data”
- Provide open yet secure web service API’s and a communication framework for business to business (B2B) web service interactions and client (web and mobile) server communications
- Enable rapid development of new modules (applications, reports and B2B services) specific to a client’s needs and configured to the end-user’s requirements
- Leverage of existing modules, components and data already available within the aWhere Platform
- Quickly retrieve, aggregate and visualize data across time and location (scale and geography)
aWhere client applications and modules are contained within the aWhere Client Framework which leverages existing modules and components yet allows the flexibility to design and deliver exactly what a customer needs. The aWhere Client Framework provides a rich user experience within the web browser with optional desktop deployment.
aWhere Web Services tie client applications and data containers together using industry standard security protocols. This secure layer protects intellectual property and leverages common queries and requests across applications for both aWhere Client Applications (end user applications) and B2B partners.
Underpinning the aWhere Platform is the aWhere Data Universe which houses Data Constellations which in turn consist of multiple Data Stars (Spatio-Temporal Attribute Repositories, see Figure 1). By using a consistent schema across Data Stars and Constellations, multiple data sources and data formats can be easily and efficiently integrated; data containers can be leveraged in multiple applications using plug and play and yet the flexibility to fine tune performance of each data container is still available. More importantly for end user visualization and analysis, integration and aggregation of data from multiple sources across time, location, and other categorizations, is fast to develop and deliver to aWhere’s visualization, analysis and reporting components. When necessary, new components can be built and plugged into the existing framework to address specific customer needs.