We are seeking interns for part-time work doing data management, spatial processing and image analysis for a number of domestic and international projects.
Familiarity with some of the following tools is desired:
- GIS and Remote Sensing software (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Relational databases (e.g. SQL Server)
- Programming tools (e.g. C# .NET)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access)
Software Development Manager (Chapel Hill, NC)
aWhere Inc. is seeking a development manager to join our team managing product development for innovative spatial-temporal visualization and data management applications targeted at global development. Clients include foundations (such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation), government donors (such as USAID projects), research organizations and non-government organizations (NGO's). The Software Development Manager will work with cross-functional teams to lead product development. Tasks will include working with product owners and directing software development teams to define requirements and development iterations, achieve release ready status and manage ongoing deployments. The Software Development Manager will lead the implementation of best agile practices and will hire software development and technical operations personnel. Strong project management, requirements management, communication and team building skills are desired.
- Organize, lead, motivate and develop a diverse software engineering department
- Responsibility across multiple, simultaneous projects, located in multiple locations
- Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Promotes a strong sense of code and system quality, extensibility, reusability and usability
- Improve existing and develops new processes and procedures, increasing departmental effectiveness
- Meets scheduled milestones and project goals to ensure project objectives are met.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for planning, managing and implementing software development projects.
- Evangelize software products and services to internal and external groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. Equivalent experience/training may also be considered.
- 8+ years experience in software development or related experience.
- 5+ years experience managing software engineering and technical teams
- Experience managing Production Level Software development, including deployments in a SaaS environment.
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Strong Relationship Building Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task and lead multiple concurrent teams
- Extensive experience with various development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Iterative)
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Strong understanding of the tools in a Microsoft environment (C#, ASP .NET, MS-SQL, AJAX, TFS, Visual Studio)
- Experience developing detailed design specifications and product requirements
- Experience developing project plans, managing project resources & budgets, monitoring and mitigating project risks.
- Self-starter who works seamlessly in a team environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, including C-Level
- Experience in attracting the best talent and managing teams of high performers.
- Experience in a distributed office environment.
- Experience with reengineering projects.
- Data integration experience.
- Previous software development experience.
- Ability to participate and lead in the improvement of business processes and best practices.
- Experience leading cloud based deployments
- Location Intelligence, Business Intelligence, and/or GIS experience a plus.
- Scrum Master or Agile certified
Client Engagement/Delivery Manager (Wheat Ridge, CO)
As Client Engagement/Delivery Manager you will play a critical role in delivering outstanding professional services to our clients in helping them implement aWhere products and services. You will ensure customer satisfaction and drive projects to completion from initiation to adoption. The Engagement Manager will have strong project management skills and enjoy applying analytical problem solving and creativity to provide solutions with our software.
- Identifying requirements and designing solutions through interactions with clients by understanding their landscape and global development processes
- Managing multiple concurrent projects, with competing timelines
- Applying best practices and lessons learned to improve team processes and methodologies
- Develop implementation client documentation as well as internal process improvement documentations
- Effective and on time completion of all engagements which meet and exceed client expectations
- Become an expert in Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Professional Service resources working on implementations.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Work with the client project manager and/or business owner to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope, quality, budgets and/or timeframes.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Manage client expectations and scope with ability to present change orders for work exceeding scope
- Utilize agile project management methods for continuous improvement and project evolution
- Provide organizational change management best practices to facilitate client adoption
- B.S./B.A. in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in as an engagement manager, project manager, program manager or similar role.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities with ease.
- Cross-functional team management experience.
- Solid software fundamentals in databases and web technologies.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and present in front of C-level executives.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- 4+ years of previous experience in SaaS implementations, software implementation, or IT/management consulting.
- Understanding of global development with emphasis on agriculture or public health.
- Account Management experience.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and cultural adoption experience.
- Knowledge of philanthropic, federal, state and local funded programs and processes.
- Agile or PMP certification
We are seeking software developers to join our team creating innovative spatial visualization web applications and supporting platform architecture. Duties would include maintenance of existing systems and working with project teams on design, specifications and coding of new features and solutions.
Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent and at least 2 years experience with some of the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Expression Suite
- Microsoft Visual Team Explorer
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Languages and Technologies
- C# (preferable) and/or VB.NET
- Bing Maps
- Telerik Controls and/or ComponentOne Controls
- Sitefinity CMS
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- Photoshop (or similar graphics software)
- Spatial Tools
- SQL Server Spatial
- Bing Maps/Google Maps
- GIS or spatial data experience
How to Apply: Please visit our 'Contact Us' page, select Jobs from the 'Send Message to' menu, and provide us with information about yourself and the position in which you are interested. We will respond to you as soon as possible.