Position Title: Data/Research Analyst for International Development - aWhere, Inc. (Wheat Ridge, CO)
aWhere seeks an analyst with an investigative mindset to support data management and processing work related to client implementations of the aWhere location intelligence platform for international development. This person will use their expertise to acquire, organize, analyze, and load data related to international development activities such as monitoring & evaluation, trials & research, and socioeconomics. The Analyst will participate in both internal and client-facing meetings related to solution requirements, data planning, and deployments.
The job description below is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position.
- In collaboration with others, support and implement data collection and strategies to optimize timeliness, quality, and completeness
- When acquiring data, maintain systems to ascertain data credibility and suitability for the project, and positively identify and evaluate data sources
- Acquire and abstract data from direct and indirect client sources
- Identify problematic areas and gaps in data and develop solutions to correct data
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- Analyze and resolve instances of data duplication or errors
- Manage and load data through Excel spreadsheets, templates, and databases
- Develop graphs, reports, maps, and presentations of data acquisition results
- Assist clients in implementing data strategies and platform deployments
- Identifying requirements and designing data solutions through interactions with clients by understanding their landscape and global development processes
- Applying best practices and lessons learned to improve team processes and methodologies
- Demonstrate qualitative and quantitative research ability.
- Interest and experience in international development. Knowledge of global development M&E strategies, methodologies, and objectives a plus.
- Detail-oriented ability to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to accuracy, and ability to handle confidential information
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter professionally and effectively
- Agricultural Domain knowledge across the value chain (R&D, supply, production, processing, retail, and consumption) is highly desirable.
- Understanding of global development with emphasis on agriculture or public health.
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more of the time, with extended travel periods likely, in and outside of the US.
- Masters and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, Macros, Pivot Charts, etc)
- Must have strong writing skills with the ability to synthesize and articulate information.
- Basic knowledge of GIS tools or data a plus (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Relational databases experience (e.g. Access, SQL etc.)
- Must have the ability to sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional lifting of a minimum 25 pounds from above, below and on an even plane.
- Work is performed in a normal, climatized and lighted office environment.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
aWhere, Inc. is a location intelligence company creating innovative software products for global development. aWhere’s solutions provide powerful spatial visualization, analytics and recommendations to decision makers, donors, policy makers, farmers and other individuals resulting in more effective agricultural development and global health initiatives and investment. Our clients range from private industry to foundations (such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation), government (USAID), plus non-profit organizations.
The “aWhere Platform” from aWhere, Inc., is an on-demand, software-as-a-service (SaaS) data management and analytics platform providing location intelligence and evidence-based decisions for agriculture, food security, and public health initiatives around the globe.
aWhere provides challenging and interesting work with exposure to current technologies. Our work has very real and immediate impact on the lives and well-being of people around the globe.
Learn more at http://www.awhere.com/en-us
How to Apply: If you are interested in joining the aWhere team, please send your CV (mention the position of interest in the subject line of your e-mail) to this email address.